Knee Arthritis Doctor in Fort Wayne
Walking, running, dancing — these and other activities are now denied to you, thanks to the pain and stiffness of knee arthritis. This chronic joint pain and inflammation can strike practically anywhere, but these knees are especially vulnerable due to the punishment they take over the course of a lifetime. Fortunately, you can find relief for your symptoms through safe, effective treatment methods that actually improve your knee’s healthy instead of just muting your pain. You’ll find your knee arthritis treatment in Fort Wayne right here at our clinic, Northeast Joint & Wellness.
What Is Knee Arthritis and What Causes It?
Arthritis (which simply means “joint pain”) can have a variety of causes. Any of the following conditions can have you limping to a Fort Wayne knee arthritis doctor:
- Osteoarthritis – The most common form of knee arthritis, this condition occurs when the protective cartilage lining the joint begins to break down, resulting in bone spurs and painful bone-on-bone friction.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – This autoimmune disease can also afflict the knee joints. This malfunction of the immune system causes bone/cartilage damage and swelling of the synovial fluid (a lubricating fluid that surrounds the joint components).
- Post-traumatic arthritis – A traumatic injury to the knee joint can damage and deform the knee joint so that its structures no longer interface smoothly. These changes can produce unwanted friction, resulting in further deterioration and knee arthritis.
If you’re aged 50 and older, it’s not strange that you might find yourself in need of a Fort Wayne knee arthritis doctor. That’s because the knee joint undergoes tremendous stresses over decades of supporting your body weight in your daily activities. Obesity, overuse (a common issue in athletes), and musculoskeletal alignment errors can bring it on more quickly and/or make it more severe.
How Is Knee Arthritis Treated?
Knee arthritis treatment in Fort Wayne can include a number of modalities and techniques — not all of which are equally desirable for specific cases. For instance, fusion surgery to limit joint motion might stop your pain, but it can also ruin your range of motion. Drugs to reduce knee arthritis inflammation only provide temporary relief and may threaten various risks and side effects. Our knee arthritis doctor in Fort Wayne prefers regenerative medicine as a strategy for optimizing knee function while also relieving the pain the natural way. Our For Wayne knee arthritis treatment techniques include:
- Stem cell therapy – Stem cell therapy involves injecting “blank slate” cells into an arthritic knee. The cells can then be transformed into cartilage cells that help to compensate for the damaged existing cartilage.
- PRP therapy – PRP therapy takes platelets out of blood plasma, creating a concentrated source of growth factors that can then be injected into the knee joint.
- Rehabilitation – Rehabilitation can be a critical element in keeping your knees limber and controlling your arthritis pain. We can prescribe aerobic exercises and strength training that boosts circulation/drainage and reinforces knee tissues.
Benefits of Regenerative Medicine
Regenerative medicine for knee arthritis can succeed where other treatment methods fall short. Unlike painkilling medications, the benefits of stem cell therapy and PRP therapy can actually encourage the knee joint to repair itself or prevent further deterioration. Unlike fusion surgery, these treatments (and rehabilitation) can actually improve joint motion instead of inhibiting it. You not only feel less discomfort when you move — you also move more freely and easily.
Why Northeast Joint & Wellness?
Northeast Joint & Wellness makes perfect sense as your source for knee arthritis treatment in Fort Wayne. We can see you for an appointment on the same day that you call, and we even offer free consultations. We’ve been helping area residents overcome knee arthritis pain through regenerative medicine since 2009, and we’re ready to do the same for you. Contact us at (260) 245-0460 today!