Joint Pain Treatment in Fort Wayne Provided by Northeast Joint & Wellness
Nagging chronic or acute joint pain can cause you to pull away from everyday activities such as driving, running, playing sports, performing your job functions, or even walking to the end of the block. To make matters worse, many people who suffer from joint pain also find the idea of surgical treatment equally unpleasant. If you’re one of those people you’ll be relieved to know that North East Joint & Wellness in Fort Wayne can provide conservative, non-invasive treatment methods to help you get moving and start enjoying life again.
Causes of Joint Pain
Joint pain can occur for a variety of reasons. The most common causes of joint pain include:
- Acute injuries that separate the joint components from each other (dislocation) or cause severe ruptures, strains or sprains
- Adhesions, lumps of scar tissue that accumulate within a joint’s tissues and limit joint motion
- Osteoarthritis, an age-related or wear-related degeneration of the cartilage inside a joint
- Rheumatoid arthritis, a condition in which the body’s immune system turns against the affected joints
- Repetitive motion strain (such as muscle strain or tendinitis) caused by constant overuse of a particular joint
- Inflammation of the bursa (anti-friction cushions that surround the joints), a condition known as bursitis
The Most Common Types of Joint Pain
Just about any joint can become painful if it develops an injury or chronic disorder. Many individuals find their daily lives inhibited by specific kinds of joint pain such as:
- Knee pain – Knee pain is the most commonly reported joint pain complaint. These weight-bearing joints are prone to arthritis, strains, sprains, and a repetitive motion injury known as runner’s knee.
- Shoulder pain – Shoulder pain is often caused by strain in the rotator cuff muscles that articulate the joint. Adhesions in the shoulder can cause a painful kind of stiffness called frozen shoulder. The shoulder joint can also be dislocated in a high-impact collision.
- Hip pain – The hip joints must withstand a lot of punishment over your lifetime. This makes them vulnerable to osteoarthritis.
- Elbow pain – Elbow pain is commonly caused by tendinitis. Two well-known examples include golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow.
- Wrist pain – Wrist pain is often associated with chronic overuse that produces pinched nerve symptoms. The most famous example is carpal tunnel syndrome.
Stem Cell Therapy for Joint Pain
Come to North East Joint & Wellness for treatment options that help your body heal its joint issues without surgery. Our stem cell therapy for joint pain uses cells taken from your own body, concentrated into a serum, and then injected into the painful joint. The cells then transform into the specific cells (bone, muscle, cartilage, etc.) that your joint needs to rejuvenate itself. We frequently prescribe stem cell therapy for osteoarthritis, golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow, and other joint issues.
PRP Therapy for Joint Pain
PRP therapy for joint pain can greatly accelerate the healing of injuries. We extract platelets (a source of tissue growth factors) from your blood, concentrate them into a platelet-rich plasma, and then inject them into whatever joint needs an extra healing boost, helping you get over your painful joint problem more quickly and completely. PRP therapy can prove highly beneficial doe problems such as knee pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, and hip pain.
We’re Your Choice for Joint Pain Relief in Fort Wayne
You’re doing your body a world of good when you choose the all-natural joint pain treatment methods available at North East Joint & Wellness. Our conservative approach can help you avoid the risks, discomfort, and recuperation hurdles associated with major surgery. It also addresses the problems causing your pain, something that many pain-relieving drugs cannot do. Call our Fort Wayne office at (260) 245-0460 today to learn more and set up an appointment!